- First Class BA (Hons) in Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status, St. Martin's College, Ambleside. - Brendan originates from the UK and first joined Saigon Star International School in August 2013 .
- After spent several years as Deputy Head and Headteacher, Brendan led Saigon Star to become the first IPC-accredited school in Vietnam.
- During this time he became a regional trainer for the International Primary Curriculum (IPC ) and is also a member of Fieldwork Education's IPC Accreditation Team. - He now dedicates his time to school improvement and is also currently working towards a Masters in Education with the University of Bath.
Head of Primary Years/English Subject Leader
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education - Bachelor of Business and Management (Hons)
- James attained Qualified Teacher Status from the Chase Lane Primary School Programme in Essex, England.
After four years teaching in his initial placement at the very same school, James moved to an 'Outstanding' school, Lawford C of E Primary School, where he led the Sports and oversaw the introduction to the new Computing curriculum.
James spent three years there, becoming part of the Leadership team and assuming the role of Key Stage 2 Manager in his final year.
Seeking new challenges further afield, James joined the Saigon Star family in 2014. James uses his soccer knowledge to good use when coaching the school team but also in his spare time when he plays in the Saigon International Football League. Elsewhere, he also enjoys travelling, adventure sports, tennis and films
- M.S. Multidisciplinary Studies, concentration in Educational Technology and Information Literacy (in progress), State University of New York, USA.
- New Jersey State Standard Teaching License, K-8 education, specialization in Science, William Paterson University, USA .B.S. Finance and Economics (Hons), Rutgers University, USA.
- Asmaa was born in New York City and had started out her professional career on Wall Street.
- However, an opening for a secondary science teacher at a local school helped guide her to discover her true passion, teaching.
- Before returning to Saigon Star International School this year, Asmaa has enjoyed twelve years of teaching at six different schools in the USA, Egypt, Vietnam, Brazil, and Taiwan.
She has served in leadership roles at several of these schools, and has helped to found The American School of Vietnam in 2010 and Asia American International Academy (Taiwan) in 2016.
Asmaa believes her job as an educator is to help foster a growth mindset and the development of grit in young people so that they may grow to be successful global citizens.
Besides travelling and learning new languages, Asmaa enjoys reading, playing tennis, and outdoor and underwater activities, with a passion for marine conservation.
Corinne Emma Bailey
- BA (hons). Early Childhood Studies, University of East Anglia, Norwich.
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education.
- Corinne has been an Early Years Teacher for the past 5 years. Previously, she worked in an outstanding Early Years setting in the UK, where she was responsibl for managing Art/Design and Speech and Language.
- Corinne has recently moved from Hanoi, Vietnam. She created an Early Years programme for a Japanese International School following UK standards. Corinne is excited to be joining Saigon Star and to build strong relationships with parents and learners. Corinne would describe herself as creative and nurturing. She is eager to begin creating a fun and stimulating learning environment which meets the needs of all children.
- In her free time, Corinne enjoys being outdoors and exploring different parts of Vietnam. She has a talent for Art and photography. Corinne enjoys capturing her travels through painting. One of Corinne’s favourite activities is swimming and diving. She loves to spend her free time by the beach..